Statistics suggest that when it comes to law college assignments, criminal justice is a complex research field that poses many challenges to students. Writing about criminal justice requires both impeccable information accuracy and originality. Every argument must be accompanied by supporting evidence and valid sources. Since it involves such an in-depth level of research and documentation, it’s best to choose a topic that interests you.
We’ve compiled a list of strong criminal justice research topics that are perfect for a law assignment. Our aim is to provide students with topics that are not too general or too narrow, so they can write a compelling paper.
How to Write a Criminal Justice Research Paper?
To write an interesting criminal justice research paper you have to follow the same writing rules that apply to any academic research paper. Since your field is criminal justice, there are also specific things to have in mind before searching for topic ideas. This includes a need to stay within certain academic barriers when it comes to topic choice and research methods.
- Choose your topic wisely. Criminal justice is the science that studies and analyses illegal acts, but also their social, political, or ethical impact. Your topic should relate to something specific from legislation rules to court cases. A topic that is too general will make your paper weak because you won’t be able to cover all the necessary information. A narrow topic doesn’t allow you to expand enough. Start from a general subject and narrow it down to gradually until your topic can be easily covered according to the word count of your paper.
- Find relevant information. Ensure that all the information you use in your research covers precisely the legislation of your state or country. Each state or country has its own legislation, so avoid case studies, sources and reports that refer to places with different legislations. Use research paper help to make sure your paper is scientifically-rigorous. Without relevant information to back up your claims, your paper will fail to achieve its purpose.
Basic Criminal Justice Research Topics for College Students
For students with majors in law, criminology, or even social sciences, criminal justice is one of the common topics for research papers. Writing a paper is a struggle for many students, but if you start on the right track, there is nothing to worry about. All you need is to find a suitable topic to focus on. To help you, we’ve put together the best criminal justice research ideas. You will start your research properly and come up with convincing and good results. Get your inspiration from our list of relevant topics below.
- Private prisons. What are some pros and cons? How can implementation laws change? What are some social implications of a possible reform?
- Hate crime. How are offenders sanctioned? What qualifies as a hate crime? Who are typical victims? What are some racial, religious or social implications?
- Police brutality. What do statistics show? What are common sanctions? How can it be curbed? What are the most severe cases?
- How a criminal act was perpetrated in a school or institution? What laws prevent forgery? What do statistics say?
- What are common crimes on the internet? What sanctions exist against ransomware?
- War crimes. What are the recent examples? What international laws protect citizens against war crimes?
- Crime prevention. What are some recent programs in crime prevention? What are law reforms? What is their impact?
- Juvenile delinquency. What is the rate of juvenile delinquency at a national or global level? What preventive methods have been implemented?
- Domestic abuse. What are the victim’s rights? Which laws protect the victim? What sanctions are implemented? What is the punishment?
- Crime vs mental illness. How mental illness relates to crime? What connections can we find? Which case studies or court cases are relevant?
Cyber Crime Research Paper Topics
Statistics show that cybercrime has grown massively in the last years, diversifying into dozens of criminal acts ranging from identity theft to financial fraud. Due to becoming so widespread, cybercrime is a great concern for legislators and top USA institutions like FBI. If you want to write about this controversial field, we’ve put together a topic list. Remember that the jurisdiction of your state or country also plays a role in how you can relate to these topics.
- Identity theft among social media users
- Evolution of organized cybercrime
- Legislative changes regarding cybercrime
- Cyberbullying among teenagers
- Sanctions for ransomware attacks and prevention methods
- Most common cybercrime trends
- Sanctions for cybercriminals
- International legislation for cyber crimes
- Cyber police reforms
- Punishment for cyberbullying
Forensic Science Research Paper Topics
Forensic science refers to any scientific research or study that can be used in the legal system. By relying on scientific principles, legal scientists are able to draw conclusions about the evidence compiled in a criminal case. Including concepts from physics to anthropology, forensic science is thus an integral part of criminal justice. For relevant ideas and topic examples to use in your research paper, have a look below. You can find some new topics, ideas, and inspiration to be displayed in your paper.
- Computer forensics
- Forensic toxicology and drug crimes
- Limited impact of DNA evidence
- Quality control standards in forensic laboratories
- Forensic evidence of fire and arson crimes
- Forensic evidence of white-collar crimes
- Murder scene forensics
- Legislative changes regarding forensic evidence
- Inapplicability of forensic evidence in court cases
I find these topics very interesting, but difficult. Who can do my research paper for me on forensic science? If this is you, you can rely on a specialized research paper writing website that can cover any topic on the criminal justice system.
Juvenile Delinquency Research Paper Topics
A challenging field of criminal justice is juvenile delinquency. Under this category, there are a large number of crimes with important social implications. If you want to write your paper on criminology on a subject related to delinquent behavior in juveniles, these are some complex topics to serve as starting points.
- Causes and preventive strategies for juvenile delinquency
- Correlation between socioeconomic background and adolescent crime
- Role of education in juvenile delinquency
- Reforms in the juvenile justice system
- Learning disabilities among adolescent criminals
- Cybercrime statistics among juveniles
- Comparison of juvenile crime in American states
- Drug crimes among juveniles
- Role of abuse in children with delinquent behavior
- Gang behavior and juvenile criminal behavior
Research Topics in Types of Crime
According to one of the most popular law research paper service in the USA, these are some common topics researched by students:
Research Topics in Criminal Justice System
The criminal justice system also offers a wide range of interesting topics to explore:
Whether you prefer theory or case studies, a written paper about the criminal justice system can be a rewarding academic accomplishment. Choosing an interesting and challenging topic is only the beginning of your journey. Our list of curated topics can help you find one that is suitable for your research interests and academic goals.