Updated Aug 2021
Business research papers are vital for aspiring business leaders and entrepreneurs pursuing a business degree. They can help you better understand basic economic principles, various markets, financial management, operational logistics, worldwide events and their effects on the global economy, and more.
However, writing a business research paper can be a cumbersome process, as there’s a whole universe of business fields and topics. There are so many different business operations in various areas, such as finance, communications, administration, and IT, that picking a single topic may seem challenging.
Leave your worries behind, because here you’ll find an extensive list of top business research topics for your next writing assignment. They’re sure to inspire you to develop a unique and exciting topic, but you can also use many of them as your main headline. Some of them may seem a bit general, but you can narrow them down further.
What Are Some Good Business Research Topics?
When it comes to business, every topic is important. There’s not a single subject or topic that doesn’t carry great significance for proper business management.
Still, certain topics may be more interesting to read and learn about, which is one of the essential factors for getting a high grade. You want to wow your professor and showcase your knowledge and understanding of the subject.
So, what can you write about? It comes down to your expertise, interests, and preferences, but here are some ideas that present the most opportunities for business research.
Anything pertaining to the global economy is always a hot business research topic. It allows you to include international research and address many different organizations, from startups, small and medium-sized businesses to large enterprises and conglomerates.
Other exciting topics are political science research topics, including international relations, public policy, comparative politics, public administration, government research, and much more.
Social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, business ethics, sustainable development, resources management, and technology and innovation management are other notable topics you could use for your business research paper. They’re some of the hottest and most in-demand areas of business research these days.
How to Find Business Research Topics?
Finding a good business research topic takes time and effort since there are so many areas to choose from. Following these tips will expedite the process and help you make the right choice:
- Explore recent trends and developments - Look into the latest business reports, news, articles, presentations, and other relevant sources within your chosen business field to get an idea of the hottest trends, issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Make a list of engaging topics - Select several options that you’re interested in and that allow you to highlight your strengths. Then, focus on the one you’re most passionate about, ensuring it’s not too broad or narrow. For instance, if you’re into accounting research paper topics, you could narrow your focus to electronic personal accountancy services or manage in-house and outsourced accounting teams.
- Conduct research - If there’s not enough information about a specific topic, you may not be able to produce a high-quality research paper. So, make sure the one you choose comes with numerous credible sources, including recent statistical data, to support your claims.
Interesting Business Topics for Research Paper
We’ve compiled a list of the most interesting ideas you could cover in your research paper. Before choosing a topic, read your assignment to make sure you properly understand the requirements, then select from our examples a topic that is directly related to your studies.
- Business in the digital era
- Remote employees – challenges
- Why franchising is a smart business solution
- Internet advertising and its popularity
- Cheapest countries to invest in
- Differences in business ethics laws
- Latest changes in leadership
- Social media presence for companies
- International business languages
- Making profits from war
Business Research Topics for College Students
For college students faced with business research papers to write, these are our best ideas for topics.
- Business differences in developing countries
- Impact of startups on local economies
- Management approaches in different cultural places
- Business risks calculation
- Family-owned companies
- Monopolies on a market
- Differences in international copyright laws
- Internet versus offline advertising
- Consumer behavior changes in critical times
- Outsourcing workforce – pros and cons
Business Research Topics for MBA Students
As a successful MBA student, you need to impress your professors with your knowledge. Choose a topic from below, and you will accomplish this easily.
- Current trends in consumer behavior
- Innovative management
- Company rituals and corporate culture
- Negotiation and diplomacy
- Effective advertising
- International trade trends in the USA
- Geo-arbitrage and business success
- Advantages of increasing brand awareness
- Social media as a new market
- Healthy work environment and employee diversity
Economics Research Topics
For undergraduates in any economic field, writing college papers is difficult. To help out students like you who want to buy research paper online, we worked on this list of ideas good for a proper research assignment.
- Property rights comparison
- Tax brackets versus the fixed tax rate
- Demand versus production
- Analyzing consumer behavior
- Labor unions legislation changes
- History of economic thought
- Trade embargo and sanctions
- Profit maximization principles
- Agricultural business
- Real-estate economics
International Economics Paper Topics
When it comes to international economics, you can write about almost anything. For a compelling research paper, you can refer to one of the following trends.
- The European Union economic model
- International trade sanctions and restrictions
- World economics development
- Changes in business models due to wildlife protection laws
- How cultural differences affect economic models
- Economic power according to race and ethnicity
- Energy markets potential
- Foreign investments and their impact on the local economy
- Correlation between immigration and unemployment rate
- Impact of tourism growth on local economies
Econometrics Research Topics for Undergraduates
Econometrics involves math, measurements, and statistics, but that does not mean it has to be boring. These topics below use econometrics to refer to important real-life issues.
- Income versus life insurance
- Income inequality and poverty correlation
- Trade impact on economic growth
- A cross country analysis of minimum wage laws
- Effects of inflation on national savings
- Barriers on trade – pros and cons
- Economic factors affecting homelessness
- Variation in housing prices across cities
- Youth unemployment – historical variations
- Education expenditure and average income correlation
Business Management and Administration Research Topics
Are management or administration your business specialties? If you are going to write a paper to cover these areas of research, you can take your inspiration from our list of topics.
- Smart practices to increase motivation among employees
- Women leadership
- Managing conflict in a team
- Networking between business and companies
- Organizational crisis management
- Social entrepreneurship
- Causes of low employee retention rate
- Management in startups versus multinational companies
- Strategies for team-building
- The relation between wages and employee productivity
Strategic Management Topics for Research
To find a focused, narrow topic for your paper on strategic management, look at our well-researched examples.
- Strategic management practices in retail
- Management practices in family-owned companies
- Non-profit organizations leadership styles
- Limitations of strategic management
- Public-sector strategic management
- Challenges of effective strategic management
- Technological innovations and their role in management practices
- Women in top strategic management positions
- Impact of the social media era
- Financial versus strategic management
Project Management Research Topics
Project management relies on human psychology, productivity rules, and other interesting aspects. You can surely find a passionate topic to delve deeper into our list of ideas.
- Defining project leadership
- Effective management practices
- Managing innovation in entrepreneurship
- Project scheduling and control
- Contemporary approaches in project management
- Work organization systems
- Global leadership
- Project risk management
- Information value in project management
- Effective organization changes
Finance Research Topics
This is our list of finance research topics for excellent papers on financial concepts.
- Role of corporate investments in local economic development
- Microfinance companies fighting poverty
- Financial developments in Asian countries
- Comparison of banking systems
- Financial challenges of companies in emerging economies
- What causes financial crises
- Why mutual funds are popular
- Cryptocurrency trends
- Private equity investment – pros and cons
- Security for online banking and transactions
Marketing Research Topics
For marketing students looking to learn how to analyze a market, we prepared a list of ideas for writing engaging college papers.
- Is pharmaceutical marketing ethical
- Purchase behavior – gender differences
- Impulse buying and effective advertising
- Social media marketing
- Black Friday analysis
- Social media influencers and brand awareness
- Telemarketing success rate
- Customer loyalty programs
- Cultural differences affecting advertising
- Ecological awareness in advertising
International Business Topics
Create an original research paper on an international business starting from one of these excellent topics.
- Internet marketing for global companies
- Causes of failure on the international market
- Small companies with global appeal
- International business leadership
- The impact of cultural differences on business
- How war affects companies’ profits
- Most successful international brands – case studies
- Top business languages
- Changes in international trade
- Global monetary environments
Business Ethics Research Paper Topics
Business ethics is a challenging but rewarding study field to cover in your research paper because it allows you to ask some important questions about morality and responsibility.
- Ethics and social responsibility in entrepreneurship
- Role of moral principles in business decision making
- Unethical business environments
- Honesty as a company policy
- Ethical codes in successful companies
- Ethical mistakes that led to business bankruptcy
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Moral judgments with negative business impact
- Ethics for management versus staff
- History of business ethics
Business Law Topics for Research Paper
To find topics that can motivate and inspire you, we put together a list of the most interesting research directions in business law today.
- Benefits of non-disclosure agreements
- How copyright law affects various business enterprises
- Negotiation laws in international trade
- Stopping employees from joining rival companies
- Laws regarding marijuana-based businesses
- Business corruption cases
- Comparison of alcohol consumption and sale laws
- Government officials’ direct involvement in business
- Environmental protection laws that affect business
- Offshore companies and taxation laws
Managerial Economics Topics for Paper
Learn all the intricacies of managerial economics by exploring this list of intriguing topics of research.
- Understanding managerial economics for global managers
- Managerial economics for self-educated entrepreneurs
- Real-world business solutions contrasted to theoretical managerial economics
- Developing business strategies based on managerial economics
- Management styles – impact on decision making
- Implications of managerial economics for the agriculture industry
- Gender impact on business strategies for top performance
- Organizational hierarchies
- Effective managerial economics models for service industries
- Managerial economics – recent theories
Organizational Behavior Topics For Research Paper
Who can write a research paper for me? If your subject is organizational behavior, check our list to find a topic, and professional service can help you write the paper.
- Artificial intelligence and its ability to reduce recruitment bias
- Outsourcing tasks to freelancers and contractors
- How to design an office for high productivity
- Changes in corporate culture due to globalization
- Job performance analysis
- Corporate social responsibility
- Handling employee misconduct
- Time management
- Organizational behavior management
- Workplace scenarios
Business Communication Topics
Business communication is one of the most important processes handling sharing information, whether it has to do with employees, customers, or other people outside a company. That’s why business communication ideas are some of the most interesting to tackle.
- Interpersonal communication
- The role of communication in business negotiations
- Interactive online communication
- The impact of internal business communication on reputation
- Intercultural communication in global business ventures
- Internal business communication vs. external business communication
- Effective channels and mediums for business communication
- Business communication vs. general communication
- Business communication: basic elements, strategies, and practices
- Business communication through documentation
Argumentative Business Topics
When writing an argumentative business research paper, you have an opportunity to address a topic from a unique standpoint and present your own opinion on the matter. You need to make a strong argument and present hard evidence to support your claims.
That’s one of the most exciting ways to write a research paper, especially when it’s about something you’re passionate about (as it should be). Here are some of the best argumentative business topics to choose from.
- Just-in-time manufacturing: should the system be avoided?
- Mergers vs. acquisitions: what strategic alliance is better?
- Employee performance and motivation: monetary incentives vs. fringe benefits
- Can you teach leadership? Learning from best practices
- Engaging consumers through social media campaigns
- Labor market: monopolistic exploitation to maximize profits
- Should businesses be market-focused or product-focused?
- The negative implications of animal testing for businesses
- How entrepreneurs help build democracy in service-oriented businesses
- Performance-based pay: an effective motivator or stress inducer?
We hope that our list of business research topics has helped you find inspiration for your paper so that you can get down to business right away. If you need any research, writing, editing, or formatting assistance, we’re available 24/7 for all your needs.
Here at StudyClerk, we have a brilliant team of qualified and experienced writers who can help you write a well-researched, organized, unique, and compelling paper. You have the freedom to choose a writer and request unlimited revisions to ensure you get superior content. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
Contact us today to place your order and get an original, 100% plagiarism-free business research paper!